MT11080 - NX Fixed-Axis and Multi-Axis Milling
Course ID: MT11080
Version: NX8, 9
User Level: Int. – Adv.
Duration: 4 Days
- NX Manufacturing Fundamentals (MT11021)
Other recommended courses:
- Or successful completion of NX Manufacturing Fundamentals prerequisite assessment on the Learning Advantage (score >70%). Learning Advantage courses can also be used to prepare for the prerequisite assessment.
- A thorough understanding of NC/CNC programming principles, machine/controller functionality, and of manual 3-, 4- and 5-axis NC/CNC programming methods and procedures
Fixed-axis and Multi-axis Milling is designed for NC/CNC programmers who machine simple or complex parts with fixed and variable tool capabilities. Students will learn how to create fixed and variable axis tool paths. You will also be introduced to NX workflows for machining contoured parts, high-speed machining methods, milling holes and threads, milling turbine blade type parts, and on machine probing.
Primary Course Topics
- Plunge Milling
- Z-Level Milling
- High-speed Machining
- Fixed-axis Contour Milling
- Introduction to 4 and 5-axis Machining
- 5-axis Z-Level
- Sequential Mill basics
- Sequential Mill advanced
- Variable axis Contour Milling
- Profiling walls with a variable tool axis
- Non Cutting Moves
- Wave Geometry Linker in Manufacturing
- Turbomachinery Milling
- Refixturing and the In Process Workpiece
- Hole Milling and Thread Milling
- Generic Motion and Probing operations
Who Should Attend
- Manufacturing Engineers
- CAD/CAM Managers
- Multi-Axis NC/CNC Programmers
- Users of 3, 4 and 5-axis machines for milling complex prismatic and contour type parts
VMH International offers both off-site and on-site training using state-of-the-art equipment and all the latest software. If you can’t find a courseware that covers your training requirements, we will custom-design a curriculum for your specific needs.
Contact our training specialists at 888-559-1918 or click here for more information and to schedule an on-site class.